HVAC Service Technician
Requires more than 5 years of HVAC experience
including light commercial experience
Are you the ideal candidate for our HVAC Service Technician position?
We’re hiring an experienced HVAC Service Technician who understands how HVAC systems work, knows how to perform maintenance inspections, troubleshoot and repair HVAC units while managing multiple priorities.
The right candidate thrives in an environment where you work well as a team, build a great rapport with our customers, and actively solve problems. We are hiring a motivated individual that does whatever it takes to get the job done, the first time.
Consider these questions before you apply for the HVAC Service Technician position:
- Can you contribute to an environment focused on building a team and providing memorable experiences for our customers?
- Are you able to repair and maintain HVAC systems and components? Most of this would be residential and light commercial.
- Do you feel comfortable educating customers on the benefits of maintaining, repairing and replacing their system?
- Are you willing to actively learn new things and share your superpowers with the team?
- Do you maintain a positive and professional attitude under stressful circumstances?
- Do you acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses allowing you to quickly take responsibility for your actions and learn from your mistakes?
- Are you looking to work at a growing HVAC company that is unlike any other?
- Proactively communicate with the Dispatcher and Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, maintain and install HVAC systems including mechanical and electrical components.
- Understand pricing, present options to the customer, obtain approval before you start working.
- Document all equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, and pictures.
- Educate customers of their options to improve efficiency, indoor air quality and reduce the chance of breakdowns during peak season.
- Use an iPad to enter job notes, recommendations, create the customer’s service ticket and collect the payment at the time of service.
- Maintain proper records showing what work was done, the amount of time involved, and if the job was completed as scheduled. In other words, complete service tickets properly.
- Eagerly participate in company provided training programs both group and individual training.
- Maintain service truck in a clean, organized condition. Properly stock parts, tools, and safety equipment in the truck.
- Follow directions as requested and required to promote workplace safety and operational efficiency.
- Positive attitude, quick learner and extremely reliable. We have a great culture. It will be your responsibility to add value to the team.
- More than five (5) years of experience is required. A mixture of service and install experience is preferred.
- Light commercial experience is required.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays. We do not operate 24/7. We stop dispatching Monday through Friday at 8 pm, Saturday at 3 pm and we do our best to limit calls on Sunday to true emergency calls only.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, work independently and allow your skills to build on what you learned the day before.
- Desire to see the job done right the first time in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effective and appropriately. Possess excellent written, verbal and reading English language skills. General mathematical skills.
- Possess all necessary tools including gauges, volt meter, hand tools, leak detector, etc.
- Live within Brown’s service area. Typically within 25 miles of downtown Birmingham.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED.
- EPA certification is required.
- NATE certification is a plus.
- Willing to undergo a background check, new hire drug tests and ongoing, random drug tests in accordance with local law and regulations.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, kneel, stoop and crouch. Good vision, hearing, and speaking is a must. The employee is regularly required to climb ladders, work in small crawl spaces or on a roof. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 125 pounds with additional manpower or appropriate devices when required. The employee must have full use of the body and senses to be able to install and service all types of heating and air conditioning operations. The employee must work around electrical equipment and in hazardous places.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme temperatures, humid and/or wet conditions; moving mechanical parts; high places; small spaces; fumes or airborne particles.