Brown Heating and Cooling is a leading, forward thinking HVAC company. We are one of the best companies to work for in Birmingham. But don’t take our word for it – the Birmingham Business Journal said it for us!
Some key ingredients to our secret sauce include a leadership team that really cares, an intense interview process, awesome team members who strive for excellence, and a common mission to restore trust in the HVAC industry.
The Experience Coordinator will work closely with our CEO to attract and retain customers and team members. You will collaborate with our team to provide a seamless customer experience, lead the charge in surprising and delighting our team, and manage exciting new projects.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated and detailed-oriented team member who can help turn our ideas into reality.
If you are passionate about making an impact while working in a fun, team-oriented environment, this newly created position could be perfect for you.
What winning in this role looks like:
- Create, implement and maintain a strong customer experience. You’ll breakdown department barriers, collaborate with our team, follow-up and stay in touch with our customers, maintain our CRM, mail thank you notes and gifts, and other activities to help us attract and retain customers.
- Lead our efforts to surprise and delight our team by organizing fun events for our team, actively search for reasons to celebrate, ensure our break room is stocked with snacks and drinks, and keep everyone in the loop.
- Manage our annual maintenance agreement program. You’ll maintain the database, oversee renewals, notify customers it’s time for their maintenance, manage the filter delivery service, create and present monthly reports, and other activities to help us grow our loyal customer base.
- Support our marketing efforts by helping execute our marketing plan. You’ll maintain our marketing calendar and content schedule, assist in the creation of new content, post new content on our website, promote our content via email and social media, respond to customer reviews and other activities to help us attract new customers.
- Plan, organize and host a variety of events – team parties, customer appreciation and marketing.
- Provide business administrative support.
The skills you need to win:
- Must have a servant’s heart, be energetic and ready to serve our team, customers and community.
- Self-starter who produces results with little supervision.
- Work well independently while collaborating with the team and remaining in sync with the CEO. Anticipate the needs of others and think two steps ahead.
- Strong sense of urgency, drive and passion to take ownership of all projects. Shepard the project until it’s completed. Does not give up easily.
- Enjoy creating, experimenting and testing new systems and software with the ability to learn and implement quickly. Plus, you actively search for ways to automate and streamline existing systems.
- Possess great problem-solving skills with the ability to use imagination and calculated risk-taking to create new solutions for problems or new systems for success.
- Able to look at a project from both a big-picture perspective and the details that contribute to each step while considering the affect on the bottom line.
- Strong computer software, internet and research skills; must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and social media platforms; experience with QuickBooks, WordPress, Asana and Hubspot are a plus.
- Proactive, highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills; ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Enjoy new, challenging assignments that stretch you out of your comfort zone.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Embrace the messy. Everything will not go as planned. We’re a small business with big plans, so we will experiment with new ideas and processes. You’ll need to be flexible enough that these bumps in the road do not slow you down.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
Education & Work Experience
- 5 years of related work experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Working Conditions and Other Details
- You’ll work in our office Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00. Occasional evening work will be required to accommodate our event schedule.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, lift 30 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, walk, reach, and climb steps.
- Reliable transportation required. Occasional travel in our service area may be involved (Jefferson county and north Shelby county).
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and boring around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Because of that, we offer awesome benefits. Here’s a list of our most popular:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance plus vision, long term disability and life insurance.
- Simple IRA match, up to 3%.
- Ongoing personal and professional development training.
- Core values that promote work-life balance, second mile service and a giving spirit.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Free snacks…some healthy and some not so healthy.
- Free HVAC services for your home.
- Work with wickedly smart people in a Careoholic® environment where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together as often as possible with monthly company meetings, fun activities including TopGolf, Autobahn, bowling and our legendary Christmas party.
When you’re ready to join a great company, complete our online application process. Candidates will be considered if you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online application at https://www.brownheatingandcooling.com/employment-application/
- In one of the comment sections of the online application, please include a clear explanation of how your previous responsibilities will help you succeed in this role.
Lastly, we have an unorthodox interview process. You may talk with several people, complete one or more written assignments, and be invited to a paid job audition —all good stuff that will help you and us ensure that you’ll be happy at Brown. Apply today!