Entry Level Training position
Requires more than 5 years of general work experience.
No HVAC experience required.
Are you the ideal candidate for our Entry Level Training position?
We’re hiring an ambitious, hard working, mechanically inclined person who enjoys helping people, working with their hands and is searching for a career.
The right candidate thrives in a flexible, learning environment where you’ll receive a combination of classroom, lab and field training.
Consider these questions before you apply for the Entry Level Training position:
- Can you contribute to an environment focused on building a team and providing memorable experiences for our customers?
- Are you willing to actively learn new things and share your superpowers with the team?
- Do you maintain a positive and professional attitude under stressful circumstances?
- Do you acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses allowing you to quickly take responsibility for your actions and learn from your mistakes?
- Are you looking to work at a growing HVAC company that is unlike any other?
Successfully complete HVAC night school to jump start your training. Brown will pay for the training, but you are expected to attend the 16 week, 2 nights a week course. The apprenticeship will end if the course is not successfully completed.
- Assist in all aspects of HVAC including service and install while working under supervision of senior service technician.
- Eagerly participate in training – a combination of classroom, lab and field based training.
- Clean and organize vehicles and shop.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area. Gather salvageable materials in the field and return to the shop.
- Dispose of all trash and debris. – Replenish standard stock items that are commonly used. – Provide exceptional customer service.
- Comply with all safety rules. Follow directions as requested and required to promote workplace safety and operational efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned and be a utility person when needed.
- Positive attitude, quick learner and extremely reliable. We have a great culture. It will be your responsibility to add value to the team.
- More than 5 years of work experience. HVAC experience is preferred but not required.
- Eagerly invest time in training classes, ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, work independently and allow your skills to build on what you learned the day before. Desire to see the job done right the first time in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effective and appropriately. Possess excellent written, verbal and reading English language skills. General mathematical skills.
- Familiar with a variety of tools.
- Live within Brown’s service area. Typically within 25 miles of downtown Birmingham 35023.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED.
- EPA and NATE certifications are a plus.
- Willing to undergo a background check, new hire drug tests and ongoing, random drug tests in accordance with local law and regulations.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, kneel, stoop and crouch. Good vision, hearing, and speaking is a must. The employee is regularly required to climb ladders, work in small crawl spaces or on a roof. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 125 pounds with additional manpower or appropriate devices when required. The employee must have full use of the body and senses to be able to install and service all types of heating and air conditioning operations. The employee must work around electrical equipment and in hazardous places.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme temperatures, humid and/or wet conditions; moving mechanical parts; high places; small spaces; fumes or airborne particles.