Many homes today have some sort of air conditioning system, which helps to maintain air quality and comfort during the scorching Alabama summer. Deciding on the right home comfort system can be difficult!
Lucky for you, Brown Heating and Cooling is here to help you decide on the best system for your home! Both ductless mini-split AC systems and central air conditioners have benefits and drawbacks. By reading this blog, you can learn more about the differences between a ductless system and a traditional system and how they can individually benefit your home. For further questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
How Do The Two AC Systems Work?
Ductless mini-splits have an inside unit and an outside unit, just like traditional units. The difference is, ductless systems use refrigerant to cool the air before sending it to separate individual air handlers throughout your space.
Choosing Ductless Or Traditional AC
The systems are different in these aspects:
- Mini-split systems need an indoor unit in each room that requires conditioned air.
- Central air systems comprise one outdoor unit for the entire house.
These indoor units can be installed as wall, floor, under-ceiling and in-ceiling. In some cases, ductless mini-split systems are preferable to conventional ducted units due to a variety of factors.
Benefits Of Ductless AC Systems
Homeowners today are looking for a more efficient way to cool specific rooms of their homes. You can customize your home and personalize your climate control with a ductless air conditioner! Here are some of the benefits:
- Energy efficient. Ductless mini-split systems have much higher cooling efficiencies than traditional cooling systems. This offers a great way to save energy!
- Flexible installation. Installation is less involved because there are no ducts included in this air conditioner. This is possible thanks to long refrigerant lines, compact air handlers and the absence of ductwork.
- Indoor Air Quality. The efficiency of air filters increases with mini-split systems due to the lack of air ducts.
Remember that a ductless mini-split system may not be the ideal choice for every household. Talk to a professional to see what may be the best option for you!
Benefits Of Traditional AC Systems
Modern homes come equipped with ducted air conditioning systems. This style of cooling system also comes with many advantages! Some benefits of traditional AC systems are:
- Initial costs. Traditional air conditioners are less expensive to install than ductless systems, as long as air ducts are already present in the home.
- Less frequent maintenance. Traditional AC’s only need air filter changes every 3-6 months and annual tune-ups to stay running efficiently.
- Powerful Cooling. With vents in every room of your home, traditional systems can cool your entire space.
Ready For AC Installation?
It might be difficult to choose the ideal HVAC system if you want to upgrade your current unit or install one in a new house. Efficiency and aesthetics ultimately determine your decision. Choose the placement of your air handlers, personalize your temperature and live more comfortably indoors with a cooling system from our team!
Contact Brown Heating and Cooling if you need assistance determining which kind of system to select. We would be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.